06-Sep-2019 | 3 MIN READ | CATEGORY
Amazing food, amazing museums, amazing bars, amazing hotels, amazing everything!
You could spend two lifetimes in the city that never sleeps and still not see everything.
Is New York the greatest city on earth? It’s definitely in the conversation. Amazing food, amazing museums, amazing bars, amazing hotels, amazing everything!
- Fly from London Gatwick to JFK with Norwegian Air
- Fly from London Heathrow to Newark Liberty International Airport with Virgin Atlantic
- Fly from Stanstead to Newark Liberty International Airport with Virgin Atlantic
- Fly form London City Airport to JFK with Swiss Air
Get to all four of those airports with Smart Airport Transfers by calling us on 0208 8136777. The perfect start to your next getaway.
- Grab an NYC City Pass and you’ll get The Empire State Building, American Museum of Natural History, The Metropolitan Museum of Art Top of the Rock Observation Deck OR Guggenheim Museum and more for just over $100!
- The best tourist attraction? Got to be The Statue of Liberty. Take the Staten Island Ferry for free which leaves every half hour from the South Ferry terminal in Manhattan. TIP! Be on the right-hand side (north side) of the ferry when you are leaving Manhattan. If you want the tour, it’s around $20 (or free with that CityPass).
- The MET (The Metropolitan Museum of Art) is the best museum in New York (NYC City Pass again). Home to a who’s who of human art dating back to the first time man every picked up charcoal and drew a willie on the wall. Tip – the Met has free, quick highlight tours which help you see the greatest hits.
- Walk the NYC High Line – a raised path and park built on an abandoned railway is a unique way to take a bite out of The Big Apple. 1.5 miles long, it overlooks the Hudson and Chelsea Market…
- For amazing food visit Chelsea Markett. A foodies paradise, it’s one of the most famous food halls in the world for good reason. Over 6 million people chow down on there every year. Incredible coffee, tacos, ramen, currywurst, sushi, pizzas, oysters, gelato, jerk chicken. Need we say more?
Is New York the greatest city on earth? It’s definitely in the conversation.
- Visit New York between April and October to experience theincredible Food Fair Smorgasburg - America’s largest weekly open-air food market. The Brooklyn-based fair showcases 100 local vendors serving food Saturday/Sunday to 25,000 hungry mouths each weekend. Wander and wade through the best street foot you can imagine.
- After London, New York is THE place to see comedy. The Comedy Cellar can feature some of the States’ best known faces – Seinfeld, Poehler, Chappelle. But you’ll need to book ahead.
- Go to a Broadway Show cheaply by visiting TodayTix. They’ve got West Side Story, The Marriage of Figaro, The Book of Mormon and Chicago on right now!
- Visit one of the city’s hidden bars. Please Don’t Tell is one of the best. (Enter through a phone booth in Crif Dogs). We can’t tell you any more… apart from the address. 113 St. Marks Place, New York 10003
- Stay at a Pod Hotel for less than $100! While the rooms are tiny, they have free Wi-Fi, TVs set up to stream your content, power plugs, and sleek subway-tile bathrooms. Check out Pod Times Square on West 42nd Street, Pod51 Midtown East on East 51st Street, Pod39 Murray Hill on East 39th Street, Pod Brooklyn on Metropolitan Avenue...